#HackforaCause in an intense collaboration to produce impactful technology solutions for non-profit organizations.
On July 26th, teams will have 24 hours to identify, solve and present a solution for one social problem defined and submitted by a curated list of leading non-profits. Come alone or join a team of other like-minded individuals during an exciting and impactful 24 hours towards making a real difference. After a casual mixer to kick-off the event, teams will go through a “draft” style selection to pick the problems they’ll be addressing.
$3,700 in prizes
First Place Team
The winning team will receive 2 Desks for 3 months at Brand Knew HQ in Century City. Teams can rotate the desks between members in order to spread out the offering.
General Assembly Class Credits
Use the $200 for class, workshop, and event credit at GA.
Best Design (5)
Mentors will vote on the best design process throughout the 24hrs and pick 5 winners to receive a Karma Hot Spot.
- Must be present at the event location for the duration of the event.
- Teams may not be larger than 5 people.
- Teams may be comprised of developers, designers, marketers and product managers.
- You can enter as a team or as an individual.
- Individuals will be added to a team at the discretion of the event staff.
- A working, live prototype on an IP Address or Live/Staging Domain
- Supplementary materials such as work flows may be presented as well.
EVP / Brand Knew
Potential for Immediate Usage
We're looking to solve problems. How viable is the solution for immediate roll out into a live market.
Clarity of Problem Solved
How far does this solution go in terms of finally solving the problem for the organization?